Wednesday, 14 December 2011

Rouge Bunny Rouge Papyrus Canary.

Good Afternoon everyone!

How have we all been? Well, I officially start work on Friday so there's definite progress on that side of things. I have new arrival in my nest of red bunnies (Rouge Bunny Rouge), my first Long Lasting Matt Eyeshadow in Papyrus Canary. I am not particularly fond of many matt eyeshadows as I like, no LOVE shimmer from the lash line to the brow! But every now and then one requires a matt neutral for something more sophisticated... Here we have it.

Rouge Bunny Rouge When Birds Are Singing...
Long Lasting Matt Eyeshadow in Papyrus Canary.

Taken in natural light. I love the embossed logo in these!

And next up some swatches of course. I managed to catch a little bit of sunlight before the clouds took over! Currently on the search for a decent 'cheap; lamp and a daylight bulb for the darker seasons. This is a single sweep of shadow on dry skin.

Taken in natural indoor light, nice and gloomy.

Taken in the last ever direct sunlight... :)

First impressions.
As I mentioned above, I don't usually buy mattes as I find them a bit chalky to work with.. Plus I can't help but love shimmer! But Papyrus Canary is the most smooth, silky, soft texture I have ever touched. I wasn't expecting such a wonderful colour pay off, not to mention the glorious texture that I know from Rouge Bunny Rouge. This shade makes a perfect brow shade or all over base for my lids with any neutral look.

Of course, I had to have a little play with this one after swatching.

Indoors with lights on, sun had gone by the time I was done :(

In a well lit room, next to the window.


Close up of eye using Guerlain Les Fumes and
Rouge Bunny Rouge Payrus Canary.
Products Used:

Face.
Lunasol Modelling Water Liquid foundation in YO03
byTerry Touche Veloutee concealer
MAC Prep+Prime Translucent powder
Edward Bess bronzer in Daydream
MAC Mineralize blush duo in Happy Together
Rouge Bunny Rouge Highlighting Liquid in Sea of Tranquility

Eyes.
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Rouge Bunny Rouge Matt eyeshadow in Papyrus Canary (all over lid & brow bone)
Guerlain eyeshadow quad in Les Fumes
~ Shimmery shade (on lid)
~ Darkest shade (on lash lines)
MAC Pigment in Vanilla (inner corner highlight)
Milani Liquif'eye liner in Black
B&C Lab Browlash Ex Water Strong liner in Deep Black
WnW Ultimate Brow Kit in Ash (darkest shade)
Maybelline XXL Volume + Length mascara duo (primer only)
Hourglass Film Noir mascara in Onyx

Lips.
Burt's Bees Honey lip balm
Chantecaille Lip Chic in Zinnia 

Well, that's all the makeup I need for today. Back to watching cheesey feel good films like Cool Runnings!
Thanks for reading ♥

1 comment:

LauraJean396 said...

You look radiant my dear. :) I love it. That color is beautimous!! <3