Saturday, 7 January 2012

2011 Favourites Round up.

Happy New Year everyone!

I hope you have all had a great start to 2012, no apocalypse here thank you very much :]
After a week of extremely tiring work, I am glad to have the chance to blog again. Looking forward to the lighter nights too as it is dark still when I crawl back through the door at 4.20pm...

So, let's get this rolling. This a post of all my favourite products of 2011, new and old.
First up, skin and base products.


Olay Daily Regenerist Serum ~
A very kind RAOK to try, has really changed my opinion on finding better skincare for my redness too!

Shu Uemura Stage Performer Instant Glow ~
Is it a primer? Is it a tinted moisturiser? Is it a plane? No it Super Product! I cannot get enough of this stuff, lasts all day on my combination skin and gives the most amazing glow that makes me reconsider using a foundation on top.

byTerry Touche Veloutee Concealer ~
I love the texture of this concealer, although I find it slightly drying every now and again it serves it purpose very well for highlighting my under eye area.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation ~
A fantastic natural coverage foundation, since purchasing this I used it daily. This one broke the habit of a life time for me too, I no longer felt convinced I needed such full coverage after receiving compliments on my skin.

Rouge Bunny Rouge Seas of Illumination Highlighting Liquid in Sea of Nectar ~
My first love. I absolutely adore the finish of this highlighter, gives me that summer glow I always yearn for! Also great for mixing with golden or warm loose pigments for eyes.



Rouge Bunny Rouge Original Skin Blush in Orpheline ~
The most perfect strawberry red that flatter all skintones in my opinion! The texture is so silky soft it is perfection, can be applied heavily or sheerly too. Exactly what I wanted in a blush!

Sleek Blush in Pan Tao (Limited Edition) ~
Apologies, it looks a tad darker in the image due to the heavy clouds outside! But this is the finest blush Sleek have created, a gorgeous bright peach that is so summer tastic I can't help but love it.

Addiction Cheek Stick in Revenge ~
Another very awesome RAOK ♥ I was not a huge fan of cream cheek products, which kind of explains my mass amounts of powder blush. But this changed everything quite frankly, it's creamy without being sticky and powdery without being dry?? Blends like a dream, absolute hit :)

Edward Bess Ultra Luminous Bronzer in Daydream ~
This one kicked my holy grail bronzer NARS Laguna straight out the top spot! Such a perfect product for sun kissed skin.

Next up, many, many eye products!


Rouge Bunny Rouge Long Lasting Eyeshadows in Abyssinian Catbird, Delicate Hummingbird & Angelic Cockatiels ~
Well, brand of the year for me! These 3 shades are the standouts for me so far, Delicate Hummingbird being number one for it's dark, dusty lavender tones. I cannot fault these, so smooth, metallic and buttery soft.

MAC Pigment in Vanilla ~
Absolute favourite pigment from MAC or any brand to the point that I have a back up of it :O Great for a simple wash, highlighting eyes or cheeks and mixing with facial spray for a all over spritz!

Suqqu Blend Colour Eyeshadow in #4 Keshizumi ~
My first dabble with the brand that is Suqqu, of course I went straight for the dark smokey purple quad... lol! These eyeshadows are very impressive, to the point that I used them on my BFF for her wedding day!

Chanel Illusion d'Ombre in Emerveille and Illusoire ~
Ah, possibly the greatest product Chanel has every released. Yeah, that's right. I said it. Honestly, I love all 4 that I own but these 2 are the ones I always seem to grab. Pretty alone or paired too!

Hourglass Film Noir Mascara in Onyx ~
To think I almost struck this one off without a second chance! It gives me long and full lashes in the blackest shade I have ever found. I am a little sad that I only have a sample sized tube now...

B&C Lab Browlash Ex Water Strong Liner in Deep Black ~
I love my Shu Uemura and DollyWink liners very much, but this one really is water strong for me! I marked the side of my finger when I first took the lid off and low and behold 3 days later there was still evidence :O It does however come off very easily with cleansing oil. The tip is a squidgy felt that seems to glide with the shape of my lash line.

No7 Lash Adapt Mascara in Black ~
I always get sucked in with the new No7 mascaras, usually I quite like them but never find myself repurchasing. But this one WILL be repurchased as it gives me the fullest lashes I have ever experienced?! I usually prefer lengthening formulas due to my short stubbies, but this one can be layered up to 7 times (apparently) and has some sort of magic in it... I swear! lol >.<

Also, I'd like to take a minute for a fallen comrade :(
Milani Liquif'Eye Eye Liner in Black.
If only you knew how much I truly loved you, where art thou???

Next is 2 lonely lip products!


Chantecaille Lip Chic in Camellia ~
A perfect non offensive lip colour, adds the right amount of sheer colour to even out my mauvey lips. The Lip Chics are the perfect amount of balminess to get me through the day, although one can't help but reapply due to being a lip chewer :/

Integrate Aqua Creamy Rouge in RS307 ~
Yet another RAOK, this is a gorgeous MLBB for me! It's a very nice creamy formula that is great for my sad drying lips (they have gotten so much worse die to the cold warehouse at work) without highlighting any ickiness.

Finally, brushes that have changed my year!


Shu Uemura Synthetic #10 ~
A flat synthetic brush that has become perfect for all cream products and also blending needs in a pinch!

Shu Uemura Natural; #10 ~
The big daddy of my brushes quite frankly. I absolutely love this brush for everything eye related, placement, blending, crease work, smudging. A real work horse :)

Shu Uemura Natural #8hr ~
Still a baby in my brush collection, but has become a great brush for crease work and blending. The shape means it has an ability to find the crease.

Shu Uemura Natural #14 ~
I am a sucker for small brushes (in fact I have the portable version of this one too), and this one is perfect for blush or highlighter application.

Shiseido Flat Top Foundation Brush ~
And we finish with another tiny brush, this one is perfect for buffing in powder, liquid or cream foundations. Thankfully I use mostly water based foundations so have no issue with cleaning!

And that is my round up for 2011, of course I have to add for funsies my current favourite Anthem of the Week...
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus ~ Dreams.
A little more emo, punky, IDK than I prefer. But this has been stuck in my head as my boyfriends brother seems to have hammered it into my head by playing it in the car on the way to/from work :)


That's all for this week... Apart from a much needed trip to London tomorrow! (Pre-apologies ladies as I'm a hobbly, crippled mess. Although my calves are RIPPED, lol!)

What have your favourites been for 2011?
Thanks for reading and have a good weekend ♥

No comments: