Saturday, 8 September 2012

Saturday Swatchfest!

Good sunny afternoon!

Yeah, not sure where that just came from... maybe it's the cold I have talking or le cidre, I'll never know! But  thought I'd get up to date on some of my product swatches from a few recent hauls over the past few months. Just realised I still need to swatch my Art Deco eyeshadow palette :|

But something a little expected from me, eye goodies...
Despite my many choices of eye liner pencils, I seemed to be lacking a true nude pencil for those red winged liner days. The path was clearly NARS led especially as I was in need of a new eye primer due to the Urban Decay ones causing my eyelids to go dry, extremely flaky and oh so painful for a month or so. This certainly did not please me in the slightest! So off I galloped to NARS and ordered the Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base and Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Rue Bonaparte.

NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base and Larger Than Life Long-Wear eyeliner in Rue Bonaparte.

NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear eyeliner in Rue Bonaparte.

Then a little trip to see my favourite Sales Assistant at my local Lancome counter, I really do miss working in that Boots tbh :( But oh well, there was a gift with any 2 purchases and of course Lancome have just launched the very gorgeous Ombre Hypnose eyeshadows that I couldn't resist! The first shade I wanted was OOS (P204), so I settled with P102 Sable Enchante (pearly pale peach) and I204 Cuban Light (Iridescent taupe with silver shimmer). The texture of these eyeshadows are so smooth and buttery, not to mention highly pigmented! I am very impressed to say the least, but I have always been a fan of Lancome's individual eyeshadows.

Lancome Ombre Hypnose eyeshadows in I204 Cuban Light and P102 Sable Enchante.
And now for some swatches. All pictures were taken in direct sunlight as I had no choice today, goodness knows why it's so bright and hot this time of year... not that I mind! :)


Left to right.
~ Lancome Ombre Hypnose eyeshadow in I204 Cuban Light
~ Lancome Ombre Hypnose eyeshadow in P102 Sable Enchante
~ NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear eyeliner in Rue Bonaparte

Next up, something a little different from me. Well, 3 are very Mira-style shades and the other 3 are absolutely out of my comfort zone (which I am all for embracing). Here we have my most recently acquired lipsticks and lipglosses, yes that's right! Lipsticks, not just any lipstick however... I have been on a bit of a red kick lately!?!? Now one of these you will have seen in a previous post, but it was never something I wanted until recently and that's Revlon Matte lipstick in #005 Strawberry Suede. This was the colour that really kicked it all off for me. I then purchased one of the new YSL Rouge Pur Couture The Mats in #203 Rouge Rock and the same day I was generously given a gorgeous byTerry Intensive Hydra-Plump Lipstick in #1 Caramel Rouge.The other 3 are more my usual style however, Suqqu Creamy Glow Lipstick in #03 Tsuyazakura and Dior Ultra Glow Glosses in #236 Satin Peach & #556 Coral Fantasy. The latter 2 were bought from one of the most epic blogsales I've seen in a while!

byTerry, YSL, Suqqu, Revlon and Dior.

Suqqu, YSL, byTerry and Revlon.
And of course some swatches of these gorgeous lipsticks! I must add, the day I bought the YSL I was forced (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, LOL) into the Sales Assistant seat for him to apply it to my lips to wear for the rest of the day meandering around London. This lipstick wore like a dream, I have very dry lips on the best of days and was quite scared of the matte formula but it did not feel drying at all! More like second skin, very natural and comfortable. With only one touch up after a short snack on some waffles it truly lasted the rest of the day, I was very relieved I did make the bold choice of purchasing it!


Left to right.
~ Dior Ultra Glow Gloss in #556 Coral Fantasy
~ Dior Ultra Glow Gloss in #236 Satin Peach
~ Revlon Matte lipstick in #005 Strawberry Suede
~ byTerry Intensive Hydra-Plump lipstick in #1 Caramel Rouge
~ YSL Pur Rouge Couture The Mats in #203 Rouge Rock
~ Suqqu Creamy Glow lipstick in #03 Tsuyazakura

Well, that's all for today's swatchfest. Hopefully my right eyelid heals up now and I can get back to posting some dreadful FOTD pictures!
Thanks for reading and have a fab weekend ♥

No comments: