Tuesday, 1 October 2013

September Favourites.

Good evening people.

So here we are, rolling right into October already! How on earth did this happen so quickly, I'll never know. Next we'll know it'll be my birthday and I'll be nearing 30 :|
Anyway, onto the favourites of the month. I've been mixing it up lately, so trying to narrow this selection down was quite hard as I've been going back to some old favourites from a few years ago!

Please excuse the massive amount of flash in my images today, the dulling light was a real pain in the backside... Must find my large white sketch pad again for pics!

Face Stuffs.


Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhance - SX06.
I'm quite lazy with my base makeup lately, this mixed with a liquid highlighter or thin moisturiser has been really serving me well.

Benefit It Stick.
I have been trying to find a purpose for this pencil style concealer, it doesn't work for my skintone as an actual concealer so had sat unused for some time. But lately this guy has become quite nifty for adding to my strong brow addiction. Just a tad along the lower part of my brows and BAM, so much more definition!

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer & MAC Studio Fix Fluid - NC25.
I actually don't like these 2 products on their own, but together they seem to behave better on my skin. The primer does nothing for my skin type with any other foundation, and Studio Fix seems a bit too dry for my nowadays. But together they seem to work in harmony?! Become a bit of a work base staple for me now.

Rimmel Stay Matte powder - 001 Translucent.
I'm sure the massive pan says it all. This is my 3rd, maybe 4th pan and already have a replacement. May have turned into a bit of a holy grail product, which is good for me as it replaced the annoyingly discontinued Le Metier de Beaute powder I have almost used up.



Sleek blush - Honour & Edward Bess Ultra Luminous bronzer - Daydream.
Since finishing up my favourite bronzer (Armani Sheer #1), I still craved that bronzey shimmer it added to my skin. These 2 are the closest I have to recreating the desired finish, but I have to say I'm quite surprised how long Daydream has lasted me with such continuous use... Finally got a peek of pan last week!

Armani Sheer blsuh - 10.
MAC Mineralize blush duo - Happy Together.
Shu Uemura Glow On - P Peach 42.
I have been really loving more sheer, glowy blushes again. I think it's the Autumn weather kicking out my love of obnoxious blush again... Can't believe I even dug out an old MAC favourite this month! Another reminder of why I used to be such a MAC obsessive :)

Hard Candy So Baked bronzer - Tiki.
I saved these baked bronzers from my purge pile as I actually like them! But Tiki has been promoted to top of the powder highlighter ranks. My usual favourite of MAC Shimpagne seems to be too much in comparison to Tiki's subtle glow.

Eye Stuffs.


Wet 'n' Wild - Nutty, Addiction - Sandbar, Catrice - Oh, It's Toffeeful!
I have been all about a  neutral wash with winged liner lately, who'd have thought this would happen? Well, it might have something to do with work shifts involving me getting up at 6am. But these 3 are fundamental basics in my go-to makeup bag... Well, you can see my love for Nutty! It's almost done.

Shiseido Shimmering Cream - BR306.
With all the love out there on the interwebs for Shiseido eyeshadows, I had forgotten I actually love and own these creams. I genuinely forgot how soft they are when I just plonked my brush in there, but the shocker is how well they actually last on my eyelids! The kick of shimmer too amps up the neutral tone for me too.

Chanel Illusion d'Ombre - Apparition.
I never really knew what to do with this one, it seemed to always be left on the side lines compared to my other Ombres. But paired with some amazing Fyrinnae eyeshadows, it seems to really take control! I have been so focused on black bases that I overlooked the fact that navy & blue is somewhat genius for duochrome shades.

MAC pigments - Blue Brown & Aurora.
As you can probably tell, I'm on a neutral kick lately. Aurora is a less golden taupe on me compared to the likes of WnW Nutty, which is really easy for me to wear with my basic winged liner. Blue Brown on the other hand... Oh gosh, over Apparition it becomes so much more! The blue base just kicks it up a notch.

Fyrinnae Arcane Magic - Conjurer & Loose - Jade Ghost.
Conjurer for me is the best duochrome shadow out there, I love pairing this with the navy base from Apparition and then adding a cheeky bit of Jade Ghost on top. Create such simple drama with very little effort (I think a FOTD is due with these 3). Jade Ghost on the other hand is a very sheer pale mint, on it's own it's rather boring... But layered on neutrals, jewels, brights, it seems to create something very interesting!



MAC Fluidline - Blacktrack.
I think everyone in my life knows how much I love Essence's gel liner, but needing to finish up some of my oldies I have been cracking on with this one! I'm surprised it's actually lasted me so long, but I can say I prefer it now it's a bit drier... Although I can feel it's almost at it's end :( Just a few more uses to go!

Rimmel ScandalEyes mascara & YSL Shocking mascara.
I'm one of those odd girls that isn't actually fussy about mascara, I don't even curl my lashes or wear falsies anymore! So why is it, I've become picky? This is my 3rd tube of the Rimmel, which honestly impresses me. It seems to create much needed volume with a tinge of length where needed. The YSL on the other hand has been great for fat lashes and volume, does nothing for length sadly. But I am quite liking this...

Makeup Forever Aqua Shadow pencil - #20 Pearly Taupe.
I am really fond of taupe these days, never in a million years did I see that coming! But this pencil has been out of action for a while due to not having a large enough sharpener... But once I got it sharpened it has been a great basic for me. Alone or as a base, I am truly impressed by how long this actually stays on my lids. I have actually napped for quite some time and woken with perfect eyeshadow on! A true stay all day product.

Well, that's enough ramblings from me today... What have been your favourites for September?
Now time to rest it up before another 6am wake up :(
Thanks for reading ♥

No comments: