Friday, 21 February 2014

Friday Favourites #7.

Good morning everyone!

Well, it's time to get onto this weeks favourites. It's been a bit of a different week quite frankly... Been mixing up some stash faves, new products and completely random items?! Shopping ones stash does come up with some interesting results, although I do feel another large purge coming on which means it'll be time for another blog sale :)

Anyways...

Please excuse the pictures, lighting really sucks in my apartment and the sun doesn't want to stay in or out for more than 5 seconds a time  meaning flash randomly kicked in!


Blistex ~ Intensive Moisturiser.
My lips are completely dried up and peeing like no other atm, this stuff is not my HG for these conditions but it's what I had access too. I'm quite surprised at how much I actually do like this, certainly is the key player in the restoration of my lip hydration. It does have that classic Blistex tingle and scent however.

OPI nail polish  ~ Live.Love.Carnival.
I only bought this guy on Monday, but it has been stuck to my nails since. As someone who bores easily of polish shades, I love the slightly neon coral hue of this one. Perfect to kick me back into spring after the winter months.

Shu Uemura ~ Nobara Cream Cover Stick (#754).
I had honestly forgotten I even had this as I had been living in very full coverage foundations. But this is utterly perfect for my early morning starts and combination skin. Gives my face the perfect natural finish I love.

byTerry ~ Touche Veloute (#2 Cream).
This wonderful concealer/highlighter is admittedly far too pale for my too use as a normal concealer. I have been using this as a highlighter however, to softly contour my face.

BeneFit ~ Bad Gal pencil.
This was actually one of those legendary Glamour magazine freebies I used to grab. I was never really fond of this pencil as it wasn't quite as inky black as I'd hoped. But I have recently been favouring a more softened look for my lower lash line, which means this has been working like a charm. It is really soft and smudgy as one would expect. I do wish it would last longer though!

Wet n Wild ~ Fergie Eye Primer.
This is actually the shocker for me! I am a huge fan of NARS and Makeup Academy's primers, so never really considered anything else, but this was sent to me in a very generous package (thank you eyescatchfire!). This is much more matte than I expected, but really does hold up on my creasey lids all day.



Cheers flash .______.

Urban Decay ~ Naked 3 palette.
I did give you a sneak preview in my last post, but I have genuinely been obsessed over this palette since I brought it home! Who would have thought I'd even consider such rosey, cool tones?! I will say these shadows are much smoother than my original Naked (first release with dual liner) palette. I am even considering getting the Naked 2 and Naked Basics palettes :O

MAC blush ~ Well Dressed.
This was one of my first MAC blushes, also one that I tend to ignore as I always have mixed feelings about it. (I think it was good ol' Lollipop26 that triggered this purchase). But on top of brinzer, it gives me the most subtle blushed finish, great for my more dramatic eye looks.

Real Techniques ~ Miracle Complexion Sponge.
I bet none of you expected such a purchase (hey, discount at Escentuals!!)... To think I have gone so long without ever considering any of this fancy sponges?! I am utterly amazed at how my foundation looks after using this, even with something as heavy as Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer.

Fyrinnae ~ Oil Control finishing powder.
I got this with my most recent Fyrinnae haul, more a spur of the moment addition as I quite liked the Hollywood Sorcery finishing powder. I have to say, it absolutely does slow down more crazy oily tzone! I have just been tapping on a little bit over my tzone along side my usual Rimmel Stay Matte and I haven't needed to touch up my base makeup at work at all.

On that note!
Anthem of the week.
Caravan Palace ~ Rock it for me.
This is very unusual for me to like, but dang the entire album (Panic) is utterly amazing :)



Well, that's all for today. Time to get swatching for you lot...
Have a fab weekend and thanks for reading ♥

No comments: