Sunday, 16 March 2014

Sunday Sunshine presents lipstick favourites!

Hello!

Is it just me or is today, a Sunday be it just utterly glorious in the UK? The sun is beaming in through my windows which are actually open and I have a bit of LAXX cranked up to the max on the stereo... Boy, such a difference once some sunshine has been injected into the world :)

Anyway, I have to apologise for the lack of updates last week as I was uber busy at work with my trio of new joiners in their second week of training! But with such a beautiful day, I thought it's a good day to die hard... No wait, I mean a good day to swatch some of my current favourite lipsticks (who can resist a Bruce Willis reference)!

Starting with some items that I've had for a while and new entries, but brand specific: MAC. I know there is a lot of love/hate for MAC Cosmetics these days, but I still have a soft spot for this line. Many of the lipsticks have come and gone in my life, but a few have held up. The recent new entries are certainly staying put as they are ideal basics for my working wardrobe.



Left to right:
All MAC lipsticks
A Way to Love ~ lustre
Phlox ~ glaze
Speed Dial ~ cremesheen
Chatterbox ~ amplified
Peachstock ~ satin

Next up are the mix of other lipstick brands, mattes, sheer glosses, creams... I have been loving glosses recently which tells me it's time to add some new spring/summer shades to my options! Ebay time for Innisfree haulings one ponders.



Left to right:
Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid ~ #902 Fuchsia Flash
Wet n Wild Megalast ~ #966 Don't Blink Pink
Revlon Matte ~ #005 Strawberry Suede
Givenchy Le Rouge ~ #302 Hibiscus Exclusif
Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet ~ #37 L'Exuberante


Left to right:
Chantecaille Lip Chic ~ Zinnia
Burt's Bees Replenishing lip balm ~ Pomegranate

Well, that last swatch was a bit pointless... But it seems to enhance my natural lip colour which is ideal for a lazy makeup day or work when I feel like all the moisture is being sucked out of me! Finally I have a few of my absolute faves, will be adding to a certain lonely Vivid as the texture, pigment and longevity is just wonderful.



Left to right:
Bite High Pigment Pencil ~ Zinfandel
Sephora Cream Lip Stain ~ #03 Strawberry Kissed
Hourglass Aura Sheer Lip Stain ~ Flushed
Innisfree Vivid Tint Rouge ~ #9

Honestly, since that Innisfree tint landed in my hands last year, I have been obsessing over it! Neon coral? CHECK! Staining? CHECK! Jelly like? CHECK-A-MUNDO! I need to dabble in more with this brand now... Driveller you have ruined me for life, lol!

Well that's enough ramblings for today, it's time to prep lunch and get on with boring chores such as cleaning and laundry... Does this make me an adult? Gosh, I hope not as I don't think I can successfully adult at all *looks around for an adult who successfully adults* NOT ME :)

Have a lovely day and thanks for reading ♥

No comments: