Thursday, 6 March 2014

Swatchable Thursday: Sleek Blush by and some Back2MAC!

Good morning everyone!

So, back here again on the 6th March... Such an awful day for me in general, but I figured I'd keep my mind busy doing stuffs :)

In the process of attempting to take pictures for swatches, I have come to realize how little natural light I have in my apartment. Well, throw in a gloomy, cloudy day and I have no hope! Knew I should've done this yesterday darn it, sun was actually out?! But that was no reason for the windows to be open (glares at the Mr). Well, shall we get started?

My local MAC counter are a bit mean when letting me B2M my empties, only 2 at a time says the girl with sharpie brows and orange contour... Oh well, that's fine! At this point I'm happy just to get an assistants attention as it's always overcrowded and filled with teenager *shudders*

My last attempt got me Speed Dial (which is currently AWOL, do I replace?) and Coral Bliss cremesheens, this time I thought I'd go for something a bit more matte or full on!



As you can see in the second image, that is the really poor level of lighting I'm having to contend with, No matter what I do! Thankfully, I managed to get a decent shot pre-swatching! So, what did I get I hear you say? Russian Red (matte) and Chatterbox (amplified). I have always favoured the Amplified formula over all the others as they offer full pigment with creaminess, but I am not one to turn down the beauty of a matte either... So opted for a very beautiful Russian Red :)


Left: Russian Red
Right: Chatterbox

I feel like such a fool for waiting so long to pick up Chatterbox quite frankly! This is the perfect pink for everyday wear I have been hunting for... Speed Dial is gorgeous but the formula can be a bit strange on my lips, especially in the winter.

Let's move on to one of my favourite products, Sleek blushes. I have managed to get my hands on the new Blush by 3 trios, none of the stores seemed to have these instock... So I just bit the bullet and ordered online. Now, I do have the recent release Sweet Cheeks with the brands first dabble in a cream formula and I must say I was quite impressed. Now, I will always prefer a powder formula but do tend to switch it up in the warmer months and if I go on holiday too. So was more than happy to buy the new trios. Anyway, enough of this rambling...

Sleek Blush by 3 in Californ.I.A.

Sleek Blush by 3 in Pink Lemonade.
Now Californ.I.A is a glorious trio of cream shades, the peachy, corally beauty it is and Pink Lemonade is a mix with the middle shade being cream with 2 powders. Now the latter, Pink Lemonade is a beautiful mix of warm and cool pink tones. Icing Sugar (far left) is very similar to Mirrored Pink, maybe not as much silver shimmer in it, but Pink Mint is an absolutely stunning warm shimmery pink which I seem to lack in my current stash.



Californ.I.A (left to right):
Newport Beach
The Surf
OC

I do feel like The Surf (middle shade), is going to be one of those tones that disappears into my skin tone. It seems to behave quite strangely compared to the rest, a tad more glossy perhaps... Oh well, we'll see when FOTD time comes!
 



Pink Lemonade (left to right):
Icing Sugar
Macaroon
Pink Mink

As you can probably see, Macaroon is far more impressive once swatched. I'm thinking this paired with MAC Chatterbox and a simple smoky eye look? Let's get it done already :)

Well, that's all for today... Back to moping around the apartment wishing for things that can never be changed. Hope you all have a good day!
Thanks for reading ♥

No comments: