Tuesday, 18 November 2014

Some ponderings and current favourites...

Good Afternoon!

Sometimes I just don't even know what to say. Many of you are aware I have finally just moved into a new house, well it's not new it's a fudging HOLE! Between the bath being damaged, the new bath being damaged, the shower flexi-pipe being damaged, the plaster under the bath being damaged... I cannot even. So lately, I have barely even been in the mood for styling my hair let alone anything beauty related! Until a couple of items came into my life.


I just wanted to share with you all my current go-to's for a basic face. Minus the essentials like blush and mascara as they seem to be varying lately...

Makeup Academy Bronzer - Shade 3.
Quite frankly this had been purged, but as you are all aware I am a bit of a bronzer fiend with the added fact that I actually use up bronzers very quickly! Now since coming back from Tenerife, my skin still has a sunkissed glow that I am attempting to maintain for as long as possible until my next sunny holiday. Whilst I love my trusty YSL dinner plate bronzer, it just does not pack the punch that I long for. Enter the £1 bargain that was originally for that pesky £20 FOTD challenge. It's more red toned than I usually favour, but perfect for trying to enhance my current glow as it is also dark enough!

Soap & Glory Hand Food.
I have never really been fond of this brand until recently... I usually prefer L'Occitane for hand cream, but this stuff is really amazing, not to mention that I am loving the scent! As someone who gets extremely dry hands, Hand Food seems to be fulfilling it's duties.

Bourjois Happy Light Base Serum - Matte.
Recently I have actually been using Benefit Porefessional on my Tzone to fight my oilies, although I should really address the skincare first! But as part of a swap this landed in my lap recently and I must say... light and mattifying much! Only using it on my Tzone of course, but I am genuinely impressed.

MAC Studio Fix fluid - NC25.
I need to get a bottle of this stuff in NC30 quite frankly as NC25 is a tad too light (maybe I'm compensating with bronzer?). I always seem to go back to Studio Fix, whether it's in the fluid or powder form it is an absolute holy grail product that I will forever have in my stash.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow - Ebony.
This was from a very gorgeous girlie at work of whom I miss now she has moved departments (a fellow brow enthusiast). Now I am fond of MUFE's Aqua Brow, but this pomade has taken over my life! I am more than happy to sport a minimal look of bronzed skin, mascara and strong brows.

YSL Elle Intense.
Now with the summer completely gone I have been yearning for more depth in my fragrance. Although, I usually prefer the gorgeous woodiness of Serge Lutens Chergui but since that has run out... I am left searching my stash. This bottle popped out as I love the regular Elle, but the base notes of amber and patchouli that settle have me hooked.

Now I will be off to edit pics as I will be attempting to sell some of my many purged items on Facebook and a blogsale.

What are your current go to's for beauty?
Thanks for reading and hope you have a lovely evening ♥

No comments: